This index page tries really hard to be the best index page it can, but it falls short. Have patience with it. At the bottom you’ll find a complete listing of all published articles.
This is a selection of the “best” articles based on various criteria. If you’re new here, they may be a good place to start!
- The Reinforcing Nature of Toil – A look at how small interventions can yield impressive long-term improvements.
- Emptying the Dishwasher with Systems Theory – The importance of finding points that change system dynamics.
- Verifiable Software Development Estimations – A brief introduction to objectively verifiable estimation.
- The AWK State Machine Parser Pattern - A simple pattern that makes it possible to consume surprisingly complex data with just awk.
- On Competing With C Using Haskell - A performance comparison between calling C code from Haskell and optimised Haskell code.
- Bayes’ Rule in Odds Form – Phrasing Bayes’ rule differently makes it immediately much more useful in practise.
- Statistical Process Control: A Practitioner’s Guide – spc helps you do better at everything in life.
- Build vs. Buy – With the right perspective, the build vs. buy question is quite intuitive and easier to answer.
- The Hidden Cost of Heroics – When choosing a course of action, focus on flow of information over direct consequences.
- Group Decision-Making and Debate – The secret to having more productive arguments in group settings.